Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just got home and had me look at the sunroof on our G6. Purchased new in March of 06.

It works fine (all the panels move) except that if you try to set it to 1 or fully closed it bounces back to the 2 position. Its like it thinks it is hitting something.

A quick look around and feel in the grooves with a screw driver show nothing of any substance in the way.

Hoping someone else had this happen and there's a easy fix, it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

·
Electric Blue
21 Posts
My wife just got home and had me look at the sunroof on our G6. Purchased new in March of 06.

It works fine (all the panels move) except that if you try to set it to 1 or fully closed it bounces back to the 2 position. Its like it thinks it is hitting something.

A quick look around and feel in the grooves with a screw driver show nothing of any substance in the way.

Hoping someone else had this happen and there's a easy fix, it's supposed to rain tomorrow.
Mine is doing the exact same thing. It will close, I just have to play with it for a couple minutes. I am taking it in the dealer on Monday, it's still under warranty (not sure if yours is or not) I can let you know what they did if you would like. I'm afraid of this happening when the warranty is out, so I think I'm going to purchase the extended warranty for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say that the overall quality of this car has made me giggle like a school girl when GM announced they're going bankrupt.

There's a reason. Please don't save them.

I've owned several GM cars and the quality has just gone down hill with each one.

Never again.

·
Electric Blue
21 Posts
I got it back this morning, they said that there was a new service bulletin for the roof's. I left the dealer (after testing it twice) and went straight to work, when I got there it wouldn't shut. I tried to shut 8 times before it "clunked" shut. I'm so tired of the stupid dealership.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dealerships are evil.....

I got it back this morning, they said that there was a new service bulletin for the roof's. I left the dealer (after testing it twice) and went straight to work, when I got there it wouldn't shut. I tried to shut 8 times before it "clunked" shut. I'm so tired of the stupid dealership.

I can relate with you totally, I have found that it's better to go to a company that specializes in sunroofs, moon roofs, etc. Majority of dealerships out there now days will send you out the door with another headache and another 90 dollar car wash debating on weather you made a mistake even purchasing the damn thing. Go to the BBB in your area and search for the sponsored companies who have good standings with the general public or you can also find info on local companies at angieslist dot com!! Hope everything works out for ya!;)

·
Taken by G.M. again
48 Posts
Pano-Roof fix!!!!

When you open the lovers there is supposed to be a pin that goes through bracket on pane to slide bracket and that is what the issue is. I just looked at mine...(which by the way i bought last saturday and notices it not closed all the way when i got home)...that the silver pins are almost all the way out and lucky im only missing one...all i did was open top all way..moved lover around till pin slid into hole...then pressed them in with flat-long nose pliers against slide bracket......if you look you will see... i will try for som pics...ffffin Pontiac said they sub-let to a top shop and prob will not be warrenty item. And i have access to tow-rockets and 123 guy's(Rangers).....fffin d-heads.:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.