Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Panaromic Sunroof

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  geewhiz 
#1 ·
Hello All! I am new to the G6 forum but I would like to know if anyone has trouble with their panaromic sunroof. Mine has been to the dealer 3 times for not sealing properly and a rattling noise. It constantly sounds like its loose. When I first bought the car I LOVED the sunroof but now after one replacement and multiple trips to the dealership I HATE IT!!:mad: I don't even open the roof divider anymore because I CAN'T STAND the noise. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similiar problem? HELP PLEASE!!

#2 ·
Yes, I had the same issues with my sunroof. I had it at the dealer 3 different times and it would seem a little better for the first few days but then would go back to rattling and shaking....not to mention the wind noise. I, too, would keep the divider closed to keep it a little more quiet. The other day while driving down the road, one of the panels completely shattered. I'm not sure if something hit it or it was just from them messing around with it - I wish I'd never heard of the panaromic sunroof! So they actually replaced your roof and it still isn't right? I was hoping that after mine is repaired, it would fix the problem but it sounds like it will always be an issue.

#5 ·
yea i got the same problems with my G6's sunroof,iv taken it in twice now and they said it needed re-alighnment and needed to be tightened,well im sick of payin them my hard earned money for no damn help!!!!!mine leaks air and water,really SUCKS!!!!time for silocone??maybe...........

#7 ·
The pano roof is awesome but riddled with issues.
Thats why they do not make them anymore.

I have the standard sunroof. I ordered mine with the pano but he put the wrong code in. When my car arrived I was like WTF??
Then I said oh well and bought her anyway. Found out it was like a $1200 option anyway....
Zero issues and Im happy with my standard roof. I open it almost everyday.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. There is a Techincal bulletin out on it but you problem has no easy fix. They are a constant headache but they sure look cool!!

#8 ·
My 05 GT had the panoramic roof and I liked it when it was open but hated it when it was closed. Air noise and the rattling drove me crazy and I was worried that it would not hold up well. My 07 has the reg sunroof and I like it much better. It's a lot smaller then the panoramic but it's quite when it's closed.

Mark.

#11 ·
I don't have the rattling or leaking problems with mine. I actually love the panoramic roof on mine. When it's closed there is some wind noise so I reduce it by keeping the slide roof closed. I also have the radio loud enough that I can't hear it most of the time. When it's nice out and you can have it open though it's a great thing to have. It's actually a lot better than a regular sunroof, but I also am not having the major problems that some are having. The wind niose is just annoying. But, I am going to try some of the trouble shooting things that are listed in that previous post I found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.