Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have several noises coming from the roof of my vehicle. They seem to all be coming from the panoramic roof. The noises range from a tapping to a popping to a knocking. Sometimes they are not as bad as others, but sometimes they can get pretty loud and quite annoying. The noises do not seem to be worse or better depending on speed - as long as the vehicle is moving they are happening.

Anyone else having these issues? Have you consulted a dealership? Have you been able to have the issue resolved? Has GM come out with a service bulletin regarding this issue?

Any info you guys may have would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have narrowed it down since I originally posted...

Directly above the driver's head, I hear a tapping noise. Sounds like somebody tapping on glass. This appears to be happening worse at high speeds, but can be heard at lower speeds as well.

From the roof of the vehicle, and seemingly from the back of the sunroof, I hear a rattle or a popping. This seems to happen worse at lower speeds, and especially when going over bumps.

I have not taken my vehicle into the dealer yet to try to have the issue resolved. Haven't had the time. I plan on doing it as soon as the end of this week. If I find out anything, I will let you guys know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.