Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
pan roof replacement - anyone had it done?

as many of you do, I have the panoramic roof and it has been nothing but a headache. Rattles, tapping, knocking, popping, you name it I have the noise coming from the sunroof. And it is LOUD. And FREQUENT. I have taken it in to the dealer twice now. The first time they basically tightened some bolts, which made the noise worse. The second time they say that they completely took the unit apart and put it back together. The noise is still there. They now say that the next step is just to replace the panoramic roof unit. The entire thing. Have any of you had this done? IF so, did the problem re-occur? Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? This is a major repair and I would like some input before I have it done.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luckily I am dealing with a dealership owned by a good friend's family so they are more than willing to work with me on this issue. They give it to me straight with no B.S. They are as baffled with how to solve the problem as everyone else seems to be. I have decided to drive the vehicle for awhile to see if GM is going to come up with any kind of fix. I will probably give it a few months or so and then if there is still no bulletin on how to resolve the problem will just have the dealer replace the entire P roof unit.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay the noise has now gotten worse and is now pretty much unbearable. I am pulling my hair out. I think I'm going to just tell the dealer to replace the freaking thing. If that doesn't work, I'm going to contact Customer Assistance and get that process started. Has anyone had their P Roof replaced, if so, did it make any difference?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.