Pontiac G6 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I thought that too, but I can actually hear the panels themselves rattling, and it is more pronounced when the sunshade is open.

The wind noise is back again too. I was thinking of nicknaming the car "Ross Perot" because of the "giant sucking sound"..

The best part about the roof are the refreshing drips of water that hit me when it is raining outside.

By the way, has anyone ever heard of the dealership putting 2 inches of grease in the tracks of this roof to try and mask the noise? The dealership I took it to did that the last time I had it in.

· Registered
169 Posts
Wow. Been a while since I've been in here.

Sad to see so many people not getting satisfaction from their service dept.

I'm almost a year out from my "fix" and up to 45,000 miles and not a single noise out of it.

Come to think of it, this service dept. was able to fix a tranny leak under my C1500 that the Chevy dealer could never seem to get.

Kick the dealer, not the manufacturer.

· Registered
12 Posts
I finally am getting resolve on my beef with GM. After filing with the BBB Autoline, GM called me and offered to trade my car, they offered me the msrp for it. I now have my new 2007 G6 Gt on order. If you are having problems then file with the BBB quickly. Don't let the dealer or GM talk you into keep letting them try to fix the problem. In most states you will be required to pay a usage fee so as soon as your car qualifies under the lemon law then you need to file. GM does not want the BBB involved and they quickly decide to settle. GM will first try telling you that nothing is wrong with your car, that it is the design. Take it from me tho....file as soon as you can to get out of this without your usage being so high. Here's the website so you can find more info...http://www.lemonlaw.bbb.org/
Good luck to all of you with the pano roof...it is beautiful but not worth the trouble. There are also a lot of attorneys out there willing to take the case for free and make GM pay them...normally they are filing for breach of warranty tho. I came out good on my trade because of my dealer. I look forward to my new GT model with the reg. sunroof :)

· Registered
20 Posts
mgsooner said:
as many of you do, I have the panoramic roof and it has been nothing but a headache. Rattles, tapping, knocking, popping, you name it I have the noise coming from the sunroof. And it is LOUD. And FREQUENT. I have taken it in to the dealer twice now. The first time they basically tightened some bolts, which made the noise worse. The second time they say that they completely took the unit apart and put it back together. The noise is still there. They now say that the next step is just to replace the panoramic roof unit. The entire thing. Have any of you had this done? IF so, did the problem re-occur? Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? This is a major repair and I would like some input before I have it done.
My wife's g6 is going in for the 4th time for this exact problem.
We have never had a "quiet car" from the very day we drove it from the dealership. We have always had excessive wind noise, popping etc.
They have not offered to completely replace it yet, but I am wondering if they would if I yell loud enough. So far we have been very patient as the car has 15k on it and vave have no other problems with it.
Other than the panaroamic roof, we love it!!!

· Registered
20 Posts
Panoramic Doc said:
Panoramic People,

I hate to break it to you, but the problems are not in the sunroof itself. The problem is with the sunroof interface to the vehicle that's causing most of the noises. Replacing the sunroof module is just going to get you the same thing, maybe worse.

There is a TSB out there to add mylar washers to 10 fasteners that attach the sunroof module to the roof body. These helps create a 'sliding' surface for the fasteners, as the torsional twist in the body is too much for the sunroof to take.

Don't let your dealer fool you buy saying replacing the module will fix the problem. Adding the washers is the right fix, and it's relatively easy.

Hope this helps!

· Registered
12 Posts
I thought i had a resolve...general motors was forced by the bbb autoline to trade my car for msrp. i ordered my replacement car at my dealership. as time went on i find out that since i failed to get the price of my new car in writing that my local dealership, Heritage Pontiac in Terrell, Tx., has decided that he's going to raise the price of my new car by thousands of dollars. I can't pay that so GM told me...oh well, we are offering you a trade and my local dealer is the only dealer i can use. GM said i should have gotten it in writing. So bottom line is that GM will trade my car but i have nowhere to trade it. I took my Pontiac and traded it for a Dodge. Very upside down but better than dealing with this mess any longer. My suggestion is that you should get an attorney and never ever listen to your dealer or general motors. They lie so much! I have started telling everyone i see in my small town what the local dealer has done. After i filed with the bbb my roof flooded my car and i had to take it back to the shop, the sales mngr gave me a purple honda with 170,000 miles on it and the engine light was on. when my husband asked why he did this the sales manager told him that i could have walked! my husband asked if he would have put his wife in that car he answered No! They have no respect. I wish you all welll in dealing with this problem. Just please get everything in writing. don't let them put you off filing with the bbb by telling you "lets try one more thing...a washer or a seal" it's not going to work and it makes you put more miles on your car. you will have to pay a usage fee if they trade your car. my car with 8000 miles was going to be 1500.00. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn from my horrible mistake.

· Registered
1 Posts
have a little problem.

i have the 05 g6 with the panoramic sunroof. my problem is when i open the roof and turn it to 2 the 1st glass the right side opens all the way but the driver side only open a little bit like a inch or so. now i had a friend look at it and he just push it open while on the 2 setting and it opened no problem. we opened it all the way and it works fine then we closed it to setting 1 and went to the normal position and we opened it fully again and worked fine.it will open fully when in the 1 position but if i close it all the way it gets stuck with the issue again.. cant take it to dealer. cost to much no extended warranty......any ideas.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.