Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 sedan and the sunroof is falling apart. The pins have fallen out of the 1st and 2nd panels, so they flap up and down constantly. Also most recently the screw from the 1st panel has fallen out on one side and I thought the panel was going to fly off when I was going 80 on my way to work (but thats a completely different story):eek:. I also have a problem closing the sunroof, it will start to close but unless I hold/push up on the first panel, it will not shut. I assume that this is because the panels are getting off of the track or out of place which cause it to not shut. Anyone know how pricey these things are to fix? I havent heard anything positive about fixing these sunroofs but I was wondering (and hoping) that my problem would be a cheap things to fix. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I don't think parts are really available for those. You have to replace the whole smash. IIRC, I have seen them new online in the $700 neighborhood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My two cents...

"greenman" has pointed out a good trail of thought given all the issues you are experiencing. I also have an ' G6 GT with the panoramic roof. I haven't experienced any issues (knock on wood). I would research suppliers & get the whole kit-n-kaboodle replaced. Better safe than sorry is my motto. Good luck, Hal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
there are some things you can replace on the sunroof and save yourself a ton of money. The pins you can replace. Also there is a TSB out there that helps mechanics fix the issues... I had the same problem as you. It took me a day to adjust everything and get it back into working order but i got it to work at the end of the day and it saved me a lot of money. the panels probably just need to be adjusted, and those you can do without taking down the roof panel. on the inside of the glass panel above the roof panel there are two bolts that are used to adjust the height of the glass panel. they are underneath a black plastic cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts