Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 g6 coupe and I am thinking about permanently removing the front passenger seat to make drives more comfortable for my large dog. I have watched several videos on how to remove the seat, which doesn't seem too difficult. My only question is, how will permanently removing the front seat effect the airbags? It's not a huge deal to me if the airbag light stays on, I just do not want anything to be messed up with the driver's airbag.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The seat occupant sensor in the pass. front seat only interacts with the Pass air bag.
Bigger question is if your States DMV/inspection laws allow for removal of the seat IF it affects the SRS(air bag system). Unhooked it may turn the dash SRS trouble light on.
I understand the reason you wish to do this...but most people would not consider such a change due to wanting to carry HUMAN passengers. And the way animal laws are heading, even your large dog may need to be restrained while traveling in a car soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree with rebel, before i had made any changes to my seats, I called the authorities responsible and asked them if I could do as I had planned. They said I could but that I would not have the SRS airbags that function in my seats. It did not matter to me because the car was never equipped to have them in the first place. (Ie. My original seats never had airbags -- I wanted to change from cloth to the 2 tone leather.
I did make a post about it at that time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts