Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 G6 V6 and my low beam went out recently. I tried two brand new bulbs in it and it still doesn't appear to be working. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
+1
Check fuse 9 (IIRC) under the hood. If it's blown, it may just blow again after replacing it. If it does, you likely have a short to ground somewhere in the circuit. If it does not, you should be good to go. It's an extremely good idea to use dielectric silicone gel on both the lamp & pigtail contacts to prevent corrosion buildup & head off future problems (usually caused by corrosion).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the fuses and they all appear to be intact. Maybe a short or corrosion where the bulb plugs?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes. Now check the bulb socket & the pigtail connector. You'll have to pull back the bumper cover on that side. If that is the issue you should assume the other side is doing the same thing & will fail soon enough. It's a very common issue. Corrosion builds up, increases the resistance to current flow across the connector which then causes local overheating & melting of the connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts