Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

need a huge favor from the community, does anyone know a parts number or where to find a passenger side tweeter cover? Been looking for month now and can’t find one. Found a couple of people on eBay who have it attached to a door but won’t sell the individual piece.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hello all!

need a huge favor from the community, does anyone know a parts number or where to find a passenger side tweeter cover? Been looking for month now and can’t find one. Found a couple of people on eBay who have it attached to a door but won’t sell the individual piece.
pardon my ignorance but when it comes to speakers i barely know the difference between one you can hear music coming from and one that stands up in in front of a crowd and talks about various subjects. i think you will understand,,,,,,which one is the tweeter? Are the speaker covers not all one piece included with the door panel.?

·
08 convertible
269 Posts
Andrew, your best bet is to go to a junk yard and find a trashed door (or door with a trashed inside panel). Nobody is going to sell that part by itself if the rest of the panel is good.
The part number you can find easily on any GM parts website. I doubt the speaker covers have their own part numbers. Probably part of the door trim panel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
just at the wreckers.pending year. G6, Cobalt,malibu, speaker covers look the same. and yes they are part of the door panel.Passengers side is broke on mine.(the tab mounting it to the door). heated the base with a hair dryer and pulled down towards the inside of panel and seems to fit nice.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I should have 2 right hand door panels,. If they are both good, I will give you one but you will have to pick it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oops now I have a dilemma. I had not seen your message hotrod.
at best a short term fix. Some time in the future some one is going to tag the cover with their sleeve and expose the shoddy repair.Myself i don't care. Some one else mite.If you can hook them up. I would say the best route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts