Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a new owner of a 2005 G6 and I'm highly annoyed with the standard GM alarm. By default, the alarm arms itself after roughly 30 seconds. This can occur even with the sunroof open or windows down and the DOORS UNLOCKED. For example, I parked in the garage with doors unlocked and trunk open in order to get something to load into the car. This object required both hands and was rather awkward. I go to open the door and the horn starts blaring. :mad:

Is there a way to change this setting to a more simple:
  • Turn on the alarm by hitting lock.
  • Turn off the alarm by hitting unlock.
I did a search in the forum using keyword 'alarm' and didn't find a thread dedicated to this specific?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Sounds like Passive Arming may be enabled, these settings can be changed in your DIC. Informating on how the alarm system works (and dic) are in your owners manual.

And electronic copy for the 05 g6 is available HERE (pdf page 82)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there any way to get one of these for a 2006? It says dex 3H for the trans, but I see dex 6 as the fluid in the 2006; Lucas oil makes a great multi vehicle ATF and a sport fluid for firm feeling shifts that makes a huge difference in all the vehicles I've seen it but they also state not to use that oil in cars requiring dex 6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Is there any way to get one of these for a 2006? It says dex 3H for the trans, but I see dex 6 as the fluid in the 2006; Lucas oil makes a great multi vehicle ATF and a sport fluid for firm feeling shifts that makes a huge difference in all the vehicles I've seen it but they also state not to use that oil in cars requiring dex 6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Get what for a 2006? If they say don't use Lucas on dex 6 trannys then don't bother. Its my understanding that 2006 is the year they started using dex 6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts