Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning my drawers the other day I stumbled across this info card I received at the NY Auto Show in 2003, back when the G6 was merely a concept. It's awesome to see how much of the original concept was retained in the final production model. For example, in the first image, the sweeping arch of the roof, accented by high door steel and small windows, is found in the production model. The tail lights are nearly identical in shape, and the front end in the lower right corner is almost an exact replica. In the lower image, the arch over the gauges was retained...as well as the 4-spoke steering wheel (for 05 anyway). Even the climate control knobs, while not so much on par with the G6 production model, are nearly identical to those found in the Solstice. Click the images below for the super-mega-big detailed versions.

Very awesome. I LOVE how the G6 and Solstice production models kept as much of the concept alive as they possibly could...

Some other concept photos:

Doesn't it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Some angles make that car look remarkably hotter than its current day model, but other's make me ill at heart for some reason.

Some of it was good, some of it I'm glad never happened, some of it should've happened but didn't.

Interesting find.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll say this -- the decision to leave out the brown "accents" on the interior was quite wise. THAT looks like crap IMHO.

·
Registered
423 Posts
well, mixed emotions here too.....i DO like the 'twin' dual exhaust look. but other than that, i'm happy with the way MINE looks.......but thats just ME! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts