Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,
I know that this has been discussed a thousand times over but i just wanted to see what you guys thought on the subject.

My 2009 G6 GT kicks like a pissed off bronco in third gear and seems to be getting progressively worse. I read on a thread several months ago that a few guys had the PCM module switched out (which is an easy fix and covered under the GM Warranty) and the problem basically disappeared. Has anyone that has had this done experienced any return of this problem since?

I'm afriad if I don't get to the bottom of this soon that my transmission is eventually going to become irreparably damaged. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How many times has a dealer put the tech 2 on it? Has a dealer ever put a datalogger on it?

If the tech 2 doesn't show any codes they usually just pat you on the head & show you the door as you probably have already noticed.

Sounds like it's still an intermittent issue. Those almost never act up in the shop as you might also have noticed.

You should be the driver during any road test since you know best when it happens. You can always try another dealer, I guess.

Getting a dealer to replace the ECM (aka PCM) is harder than herding cats.

If it kicks that bad try recording a video with your phone.

I'm out of ideas.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Agree with a diagnostic on it.
Definitely! It sounds like its either got a misfire or a trans issue without more information but definitely have a dealer look at it ASAP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If the tech 2 doesn't show any codes they usually just pat you on the head & show you the door as you probably have already noticed.

If it kicks that bad try recording a video with your phone.

**This is exactly what happened Greenman. And to make matters worse, they act like they have no idea what I'm talking about as if I were the ONLY G6 owner to ever experience this kind of problem. Unbelievable!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts