Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering how much of a difference it would make if i replaced my stock chip, with an performance chip with for my 2007 pontiac g6 base sedan. I also plan on getting an cold air intake.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Which motor do you have, and what exactly do you mean by replace the stock chip with a performance chip.

If you mean getting a tuned PCM/TCM then get a WAMS and swap em out.

If you're looking at plug in chips like the jet performance chip, it's really not worth it. Although they may make a difference you're bound to run into problems with it down the road. It's not a really good long term solution. A tune however is perfect.

If you have the 4cyl and you put an intake on it you will need to get it tuned.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering how much of a difference it would make if i replaced my stock chip, with an performance chip with for my 2007 pontiac g6 base sedan. I also plan on getting an cold air intake.
Chips? Absolutely none, it will only hurt you in the long run. What you want is a complete tune of your pcm/ecm. This is where you want to order from http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
If something seems too good to be true, it most likely is. My recomendation, start simple and rip out that resonator (it's free!) and get a new filter/CAI. Like Cruisin said though, if you have the 2.4L i4, you need a WAMs Tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts