Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I hear a lot of good things about the NGK IX Iridium plugs. I still have stock ones but I plan to switch to those very soon

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Stock or NGK Iridium IX.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am still learning about cars, but what would the diff be between normal stock spark plugs and performance spark plugs. I figure they are for "Performance", but what do they do lol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am still learning about cars, but what would the diff be between normal stock spark plugs and performance spark plugs. I figure they are for "Performance", but what do they do lol.
There's no such thing as a "performance spark plug" in the sense that you take old ones out and put new ones in them bam instant horsepower. You can get plugs that have a different heat rating or you can gap them differently but the overall concept remains the same. Almost all new cars ignition system and components minus tuning are able to handle any performance modifications are are trying to throw at the car. In the end the best thing for any road driven car is to get a nice new set of plugs (not from a parts supply store) and modify everything else.

·
Registered
77 Posts
NGK iridium ix and the magnecore KV85 8.5 wires

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you go in the parts catalog under Pontiac 6cyl you'll see 2009-2005 3.5L-3.9L part number 65273

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you post the site you bought your Magnecor plug wires from and a part #? Still having trouble finding the right ones for a '07 G6 GT 3.9L V6.

Thanks.

If you go in the parts catalog under Pontiac 6cyl you'll see 2009-2005 3.5L-3.9L part number 65273

·
Registered
12 Posts
After market coil wires (better plug wires) won't take seconds off your 1/4 mi. but better wires tend to last longer and allow your plugs, especially upgraded plugs to fire hotter. Which is desirable, especially if you've completed a professional tune-up. Tune-ups that optimize performance (torque/HP) will typically require you to burn 93 octane fuel and a hotter spark is better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just started the performance death march. I added on on a chip to optimize air/fuel mixtures. I bought the iridium plug and new plug wires. I don't expect to see a tremendous difference just yet. After I put those in the air filter is my next fun trip which should give a more noticeable increase. I do agree with Metal that the plugs and wires are a less noticeable difference vs. other mods.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just started the performance death march. I added on on a chip to optimize air/fuel mixtures. I bought the iridium plug and new plug wires. I don't expect to see a tremendous difference just yet. After I put those in the air filter is my next fun trip which should give a more noticeable increase. I do agree with Metal that the plugs and wires are a less noticeable difference vs. other mods.
You do know theres no such things as chips for a g6, i really hope you mean that you got it tuned...

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Jet makes a performance chip for the G6. Although it may make somewhat of a difference you may experience problems with it down the road. I've heard bad things when it comes to long term use of performance chips

·
Troy
229 Posts
I had the jet v-force plus. It was OK for three months then it started throwing codes and actually shut my engine off while on the high way. So i uninstalled it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts