Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this car owning thing and was wondering what I could do to spice up my engine. I live in NJ and recently purchased a 2008 G6 base sedan, pickup isn't the greatest. Any & all advice would help!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh well then, You've got A LOT of possibilities. (I too have the 2.4 and have been on a power hunt since I got it, I've learned a lot)

What I've done is an intake, WAMS 93 octane tune with transmission tune, and a resonator delete on the exhaust, that was only for the sound.

Between the intake and tune the 4cyl feels a lot better!
If you try to run an intake without the tune you may get a check engine light for it running lean. This can be solved with an intake insert that goes by the MAF sensor. I actually just started a thread about it here: http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13053

But aside from that, there's actually a lot of things available for this motor. As you look for performance parts you're better off searching for a Cobalt SS 2.4l. That's how I found my intake, torque damper, and my future SuperCharger kit.

ZZPerformance.com is a great website for ecotec parts and improvements.
You can go as far as a bolt on SC kit or Turbo kit. Performance Cams. Of course intakes, and such. You can even go as far as building the internals for a few grand and push some serious power, but what's the point in a FWD car right?

If you're looking for a bit more power on a budget, I'd go with the Intake and Tune. That should all be had for a few hundred but it really help, and really makes the engine sound good when you get on it.

WAMS states the tune will add 12-15hp. And I believe it, for a 4 banger my car drives almost like a 6cyl now.
Here's WAMS website for the tunes:WAMS

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well then lets start small.
What kind of increase are you looking for? Or what kind of money are you willing to spend?

I'm just speaking from first hand experience that an Intake combined with the tune to run 93 octane gas properly really makes the 4 banger G6 run the way it feels like it should.

Such a small engine for such a heavy car, this is probably the best bang for your buck to thwart that problem.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Let me know if you have any questions, I've done quite a bit of research on this motor and trans and their capabilities and what's out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts