Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've looked around here a while and it doesn't look like anyone really owns or uses HP Tuners. It's definitely worth the money for how customizable it can be to tune your ECM. Anyway, I bought it for my Sierra truck and my girlfriend conveniently ;) owns an 06 GTP. I can't say I didn't have a voice on that one. HP Tuners does work with the G6 in case anyone was wondering. I've played with it myself on the GF's car.

I'm asking if anyone else is using the tuner on their G6's. I would love to see what people have done with their tunes. Maybe even upload your tune files? Not sure if that's allowed, but if it is, how about making our own G6 tune repository here? There isn't much of one on hptuners website as it seems. Just a couple people added some with removed speed limiters, higher rev limits, some torque management removal stuff, abuse mode removal, and firmer shift pressures. There's really nothing anybody has done to the air/fuel mixtures and such that I would like to see some real performance gains from.

Like I said, anyone with some info on their tunes who might know what they're doing, feel free to upload or maybe post some screen shots of their edited files. Don't forget to post your ride specs, model, year, mods etc...

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Never heard of HP tuners, I will definitely have to check them out, I'm looking for something so i could change shift points
You need to, it's pretty much the number one tuning software for the LS motors and is very popular amongst others too!

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
First thing you would want to if you are going to be tuning her car is get a wideband. if you are goign to mess with A/F then it is a must. Secondly since you probs dont have access to a dyno then you will have to do the "Seat of the Pants" dyno.

If you take your credits to a shop that does LS motors with HP tuners (they are everywhere) you could have them do a base tune and then withyour equipment you can alter the tune so that you can squeeze out all that you can from your platform.

does she have the 3.6 or the 3.9 in that GTP?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the 3900. I'll have to look into what a wide band is. no idea. Expensive?

Either way, still no takers on modified tunes it seems. Must be pretty rare on the G6. Still, it'd be nice to hear from someone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts