Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JET V-Force Plus Performance Module any one have information on this? Do you need a chip plus the module or is it all in the module? How well does it actually work and if it does work how much HP does it provide? Any one with the Crabs Intake have this? Someone please shed some light on this for me.
Thanks

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
JET = Giant Scam.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
What they are trying to say is that Jet Chips are scams.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I kinda got the hint with the face-palm thing and the bag of chips. Haha What does your Wams tune up consist of and where do you get that tune up? Also how much?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

Chris take your original PCM or a brand new one (depending on which one your choose) and reprograms it for better power management and higher octane timings. Price depends on the engine.

Sending your original PCM to him will leave your car inoperable so most people end up buying a new one. His turnaround is fast and emailing him will give you the best time to ship so your car can get back up and running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 G6 3.5 with a 12 pound boost Paxton turbo. The car is super clean with about 60000 miles. I am currently getting about 270 HP at the front wheels. I see a ton of ads for tuning chips and I in the market. What is the best one ? Any personal preferences out there

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a 2006 G6 3.5 with a 12 pound boost Paxton turbo. The car is super clean with about 60000 miles. I am currently getting about 270 HP at the front wheels. I see a ton of ads for tuning chips and I in the market. What is the best one ? Any personal preferences out there
Before you even think of posting anything more...

Oh, and

·
Registered
190 Posts
12 pounds of boost and only a 70hp gain??? Alright, maybe a bit more before transfer loss to the wheels, but still...

Are you running an inter cooler? A waste gate?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Personally I would save the cash and go to a Dyno day where they can tune the system for YOUR car specifically ( intake, exhaust, etc ) - I've looked into different companies that provide this tune and although many people have had good results, I'd rather have something for MY car rather than a generic program thats downloaded to the system. Exhaust for example, there is a difference between the GTR, magnaflow, cat back, single/dual, etc and I'm not comfortable with the 'well this will work'.

As far as 'quick turn around' - the 5 or 6 threads have been deleted by the mods ( Wams is a vendor on this public forum ) which listed issues with turn around and inability to properly contact the seller.

To each his own, but I'd rather go with the $200 to $350 dyno tune where I can tell them 'I want this specific type of a drive' ( low end torque, high end speed, fuel economy, etc )

I had a Dyno tune done on my old Passat turbo, it had a normal, 91 and 93 octane ( turn car off, hold down cruise control for 5 seconds and it would 'chirp' changing to each pre-programmed setting ) and it ran me $275 and took about an hour and a half. The place I went also had a 1 year warranty on it so if things were not perfect for you on a day to day drive, you could go back for 25 bucks and say '3rd gear isn't pulling enough, I need to up that' and its done.

Again - each to there own but WAMS is by far the easiest - send a check and wait for it in the mail : )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts