Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 3.5 4 door gt. ive got 60,000 miles on it and im looking to put some performance upgrades into it. I really dont know where to start cuz i know intakes dont help alot, and ive seen the turbonator 2 supercharger on the web. little help on where i should start. looking to stay cheap though

·
4,052 Posts
the only basic things that we can do to our cars for performance would be intake, exhaust and tune. stay away from all that turbonator, and chips shit. you do have an 06 so they do make headers for your engine. just search around there is alot of info here.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Market is slim for this platform

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
It's a shame really, It adds a nice challenge though for those who are really into custom work.

Honestly though, your best bet for performance without breaking the bank is pretty much what was already mentioned. Intake, Exhaust and a Tune.
Those three alone should really perk up that V6 and make your car more fun to drive.

Then some light suspension work, maybe lower it, add a strut tower bar, and some sticky tires and you can corner quicker to match that extra power :D

And yea, stay away from performance "chips" There is no substitute for an actual tune. Chips work by tricking your ECM into thinking conditions are different, this just opens up doors for problems to come in, and you really don't gain any power from em.

Also, stay away from any electric turbo or supercharger, it's all a gimmick to get your money. All they're good for is keeping you cool on a hot day. They don't deliver nearly enough airflow at anywhere near enough pressure to even make a difference, and if they did, you would have to tune the ECM to handle that "boost"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts