Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I just wanted to start a discussion but didn't want to limit it to just the GXP model but all styles. Wanted to get a better view on why when you got your vehicle you chose to go with the Sedan over the Coupe or vice versa. I know just from reading through topics and searching aftermarket websites that not all parts end up working for both models such as Euro-Tails, etc. Any thoughts please feel free to add. Thanks.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
in my opinion...

G6 is a great, decent, well balanced value car that has a nice mix of looks ( exterior and interior, power ( gtp/gxp ), functionality ( quite large trunk in the coupe, and trunk and back seat in the sedan

its sporty ( coupe ) vs soccer mom / family car ( sedan ) tho i have seen some nice sedans after many mods...ie body kit, hood ect

gtp/gxp - power

gt - functional power and a hint mileage in mind

base / 2.4 - economy

I chose coupe because im young - its sporty....gtp because its the powerhouse of the 06 model and fit in my budget.

If i was older, had a baby / family or w.e i would likely have got a sedan, or g8 if it was in my budget at the time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got the sedan because i feel like the back end is too big and rounded on the coupe... not for me..

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
=\ the back end is the same size as sedan, only smaller....it is is curved and styled so its actually smaller lol

back end is like a mix of some lexus ive seen, g35 / 350z / solara/ and so on and so on ;lol

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I got the car when I was 16 so I didn't really know enough about cars. I originally almost went with a early 2000 Impreza. I decided to look at a few more cars before deciding on the Impreza. A couple days later I ran across my G6 in a lot and basically loved it.

My only regret is that I didn't research enough so that I could get the GTP or leather interior. I didn't understand that there was more than the "GT", but I still love my car regardless. I didn't even know the car came in coupe/convertible styles until a few months later.

I prefer the sedan anyways. The rear of the coupe doesn't flow with the front at all. I swear if you chopped the car in half, you could say they were two different cars. Convertibles are out of mind because EVERY convertible has their problems eventually. Plus, the soft top convertibles are more prone to being broken into (in my experience).

·
Registered
278 Posts
After my CTS was totalled, i was looking and looking for a good replacement. If i was going to buy another 4 door it was going to have to be another CTS or better. but, i didn't have the cash for a luxury sedan. so i was looking for a sporty 2 door. looked at celica's and civics and rsx's. but they felt cheap. and i didn't want to take a large spet down. i came across my 07 GTP coupe at a great price. i wanted to find a G35 but once again not enough cash. i've had it for about 4 mounths and it's a good car. still trying to get used to torque steer. but we have had snow or ice so i haven't been able to have any FUN yet.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
After my CTS was totalled, i was looking and looking for a good replacement. If i was going to buy another 4 door it was going to have to be another CTS or better. but, i didn't have the cash for a luxury sedan. so i was looking for a sporty 2 door. looked at celica's and civics and rsx's. but they felt cheap. and i didn't want to take a large spet down. i came across my 07 GTP coupe at a great price. i wanted to find a G35 but once again not enough cash. i've had it for about 4 mounths and it's a good car. still trying to get used to torque steer. but we have had snow or ice so i haven't been able to have any FUN yet.

same here.

but they are all WAY too small. im only 6'3 and a bit and all those cars are WAYYY too tiny. and yes, ive been in each one.

I tried out a g35 the previous owner installed some seat lowering kit..and apparently it moved it back abit too and it was still very tight.

not to mention the functionality....ive stuffed my 46inch tv in my car. and a fouton along with its massive mattress lol. couldnt do that with any of those other cars
celicas are a joke. girls are....well, all of the above mentioned are either for little guys or girls

·
Da.v3
597 Posts

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
OK fair enough - I chose the coupe because the sedan didn't offer a retractable roof :glasses3:

BTW fortunately for you I had a balanced and nutritious breakfast or I might have taken exception to someone who's been here a year less than me with half as many posts calling me a "noob". Oh wait I'm also a Moderator - guess I gotta do what I gotta do ;)

·
Banned
211 Posts
OK fair enough - I chose the coupe because the sedan didn't offer a retractable roof :glasses3:

BTW fortunately for you I had a balanced and nutritious breakfast or I might have taken exception to someone who's been here a year less than me with half as many posts calling me a "noob". Oh wait I'm also a Moderator - guess I gotta do what I gotta do ;)

I bought the coupe because fat bitches can't fit in the backseat.

Note to self: always respect elders(Droptop) :beer:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm with abyssul...I didnt do my research when I first found the 6. I was brand new to modding my previous vehicle was a ford ranger. Saying that, it was an extended cab and it was a pain for ppl to sit in the back so i went with the sedan. If I had known the 6 came in hardtop convertible I'd been all over that though. My next vehicle WILL be a hardtop vert no doubt they're sick

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
Coupe cause the top goes away whenever I like.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Is the Sedan the fastest G6 GT? Isn't it the lightest? I'm just curious! I've heard my coupe weighs more than a sedan, is this correct?

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 3 1/2 yr old son so sedan made that easier but honestly I don't like the design of the back end of the coupe and I didn't want to pay more on insurance lol and I have to say I'm only 24 so I wouldn't consider the sedan to be an old soccer mom car, if u ever look at any of my appearance mods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts