Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the car drived very well. The trunk was small with a high liftover making it difficult to store large bags or golf clubs, and the rear view side mirrors were awkwardly shaped (triangular), but for the most part it was very nice; I would buy it! I must admit that installing the baby car seats was a NIGHTMARE because of the rear head rests; they NEED to redesign that part soon! Overall, after 500 km of fun I recommend it! Here are some new pics!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Awesome pics, Howard!! I can't say I like the new airbox design. I do like the trunk lid, specifically since the support arms don't protrude into the trunk space. Not a fan of the radio, but that can be easily fixed. ;) And I see what you mean about the rear headrests and mirrors. Hmmm...

·
Registered
49 Posts
*drool*

its teh new hawtness!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got to agree with Shawn, the engine compartment disposition seems odd. It might just be that we're so used to the 3100/3400 look but it's weird that they would put the airbox so far away from the intake. That's a long way for air to go, and doesn't even include the intake resonator either. From the airbox to the intake air has to go around almost 270 degrees, that's pretty bad. That duct going all the way across the block is going to warm up the air significantly too.

The coolant container is in a weird spot too, you have to bend over a warm engine to fill it up when you have a leak.

I assume it's the battery under the big cover to the right (good idea to cover it as long as it doesn't hold moisture IN), but what's in front of it? I don't see the throttle cable, is it a drive-by-wire throttle? If so what's the box just behind the battery (I think it's the cruise control unit but it doesn't make sense if it's drive-by-wire).

The back three spark plugs are REALLY gonna be a challenge on this one. Even the front ones are somewhat more diffucult now because of the air duct.

I can't see the motor mount but it looks like it might not be in the way to change the belt anymore though. On the downside looks like we have to remove the airbox to change the belt *doh*.

I find it strange that they would put the big ugly plastic cover over the manifold but not extend it enough to at least protect the plug wires. Or maybe it's to keep the wires from overheating but then why put a cover at all if it keeps heat in?

The PCV valve seems just as easy to change as before, one good thing :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I remember correctly, the big box on the right was fuses, accessory panel and battery. The big air duct comes off easily (one clip, four small screws). Coolant access is easier from the side of the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
sunrunner_pei said:
Who, Howard? Tim, you have some serious issues, buddy. ;)

eeeeew, I feel dirty!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't know ... the more I look at it, the most I don't dislike it as much ,,, does that make sense? ... anyway, the radio doesn't bother me too much as I generally only ever have the factory equipment anyway and as long as it sounds good "to me", I'd be happy ... I do agree the airbox is kind of strange though but I bet a CAI would certainly ADD a bunch ;) :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
99grandamse said:
I do agree the airbox is kind of strange though but I bet a CAI would certainly ADD a bunch ;) :D
At first sight it looks like a CAI will require enough pipes to bring oil strait from the North Sea :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gimli said:
At first sight it looks like a CAI will require enough pipes to bring oil strait from the North Sea :)
Just a thought I wonnder if the battery could be "moved" to make a better airflow path for the potential CAI?

BTW great pics!!! thanks for taking the time to share with us! :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow thanks for the pics every time I see one of these I want to go test drive one more and more maybe one day I will post on here with a new one haha. I think that if I do go and get one it will be next year I want a year to go by before I get one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Gimli said:
... I was thinking MAYBE the piping would not have to come across the front but up from the driver side just like the GA *SHRUG*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts