Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 pontiac G6 gt with 3.5 liter engine I'm looking around for a cheap parts car and wondering are any years and motors not going to matchup with my car and if so can someone give me specifics as to what not to get? Thanks I appreciate the feedback and hope y'all have a great day! Let's rock the world with some beautiful G6's!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Not sure if you have a sedan, coupe or convertible. First i would try to match up the car. If you have a 2 door coupe sedan doors are no good to you. A convertible trunk lid does not match. Even the tail light, brake light is different for all three models. From there i would try to match the motor. There was a significant change from the 06 to the 07 3.5 liter engine. Gm went to vvt (variable valve timing) in the 07 3.5 liter. The 06 3.5 does not have it. On the front half of the car body parts are generally the same until you get to the 08 gxp. At this point there is the addition of hood louvers and bumper cover differences. The front parts are interchangeable but rear bumper cover is not.
I hope this helps
Convertme

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.