Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first day i was able to put my CRABs in. I ordered it primered so i could paint it myself to match.

Step 1: Tape and hang up.

Step 2: First coat of paint.

Step 3: Getting distracted by a SWEET Camaro on the way for more paint.

Step 4: Finish product in sunlight...

Step 5: finished product in no sunlight.

Step 6: INSTALL!!

Then of course i had fun removing the Intake Resonator and pulling it through the headlight housing...

·
Banned
240 Posts
Awesome .. do u like em? that paint matches perfect

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got lucky with the duplicolor. They don't have our paint in their book so I had to get one as close as possible with a little less metallic since theres no metallic flake in the engine bay. Sound is a little better.... From what I can hear over the exhaust... 1 extra MPG so far. And power is fairly noticeable.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Robert! Do you have black ones? Cause you gave me a red one and I dont think you'll be able to see it very well.. If you do can you pm me so I can get one? I was going to get on Microsoft word and use your font to make a stencil and paint it black.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have black.....Ill trade you for the red one. lol
Really? I was just gonna put the red one on the window. I can mail it back if ya want.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks mint! The Camaro that is haha I like the colour match! looks very clean. Job well done!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Looks nice. You did a good job with masking it. One question though. Why didn't you just remove the rubber trim and paint instead of masking it? It would match more with a coat or two of clear coat too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks nice. You did a good job with masking it. One question though. Why didn't you just remove the rubber trim and paint instead of masking it? It would match more with a coat or two of clear coat too.
Thank you!
As far as removing the trim and weatherstripping gies I wanted to do that originally but I wasn't sure how well it was held on and with what. So u just used painters tape for the weatherstripping and electrical for the trim.
And I agree with the clear coat. I have to paint on the "crab intakes" black then I'll do a coat of clear.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Thank you!
As far as removing the trim and weatherstripping gies I wanted to do that originally but I wasn't sure how well it was held on and with what. So u just used painters tape for the weatherstripping and electrical for the trim.
And I agree with the clear coat. I have to paint on the "crab intakes" black then I'll do a coat of clear.
As far as I can tell, the trim and weatherstrip is held on by just mere friction and gravity. If it's held by adhesive, it's very little. One could just shoot some silicone sealant into it.

Show us a picture of the final product with the clear coat. One or two coats should work.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As far as I can tell, the trim and weatherstrip is held on by just mere friction and gravity. If it's held by adhesive, it's very little. One could just shoot some silicone sealant into it.

Show us a picture of the final product with the clear coat. One or two coats should work.
Will do!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Painted on the black "crab Intakes" and sprayed some clear coat. madde it a little brighter and made the metallic pop more.
Cut the stencil out and just eyeballing how it looks...

What the "crab intakes" looked like before clear. its a little blurry but i think it came out okay. i had to sacrifice a hand to hold down the stencil.

And then different pix of the final product.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Nice fingernail polish. :p It looks good. Time to install her.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts