Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...was wondering if someone can direct me to a site, where I can buy some gauge pods with the plastic piece or inserts, you know like a Pillar gauges i guess they would be called idk lol :D.....I don't want it for looks or none of that, I'd just like it for maintenance reasons...to keep an eye, on my water temp, volts, air ratio, oil temp, trans temp, ETC. Doesn't have to be all of these but just the most important ones. I don't know if theirs a thread on this, just would like someone to direct me the right way :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're on the same boat lol...I've been searching as well and nothing on the mounts for the pillar...I've also seen where people make them as well, but the ones I've seen look messy and ugly...Now I know some gauges come with a style like bracket you can bolt onto your dash, I know for my civic i had a couple years ago, I had them bolted on to my dash which gave it a nice look, but I can't seem to find any for the G6...maybe I could use the same ones, who knows. But oil pressure, volts, and trans temp, would be nice to have. Those Aerofoce gauges are awesome, they display two at a time.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
On the back of the individual pods there is usually a small hole for the wires to pass through, I plan to just run them through a black sheeth so I have a single black tube that comes out of the back of the cup, and then right into the a-pillar. So on the back of each gauge there will be one wire looking thing that just comes out, then right into the pillar. I figured it would look clean enough without getting ricey.

I tried to find pics but failed

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sounds good, I'm doing oil pressure for sure, then volts. Are they hard to hook up on the engine side? (Oil pressure). May do tranny temp but can't think of anything else. Also looking at the Aeroforce pod that mounts in an a/c vent

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Most of the time you just have to connect a sensor somewhere. Volts is pretty easy. Oil temp/pressure may come with a spacer to put between the block and the filter for a place to grab readings from. Tranny is the same thing, mainly hook into the cooler lines somehow.

I haven't completely decided which gauges I want to run yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts