Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking into putting a rally stripe kit on my sedan. I am looking to buy from bmc extreme customs. Anybody ever purchase from this company before? Are rally stripe kits a pain to install, or not too bad if you're careful?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
A buddy of mine worked at a body shop, and had to replace pin-striping before. Normally its a vinyl strip and it took two people to ensure it was being positioned nice and straight. Then it was just a matter of starting at one end and sticking it down and then working your way down the car.

If you take your time and follow the body line you should be alright. As for the company I have no idea about, but I haven't seen vinyl pin striping peel off any car, unless someone peeled it off ha.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks, appreciate the advice.
Funny, I must be one of the very few here who likes rally stripes and silver wheels.

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
Okay thanks, appreciate the advice.
Funny, I must be one of the very few here who likes rally stripes and silver wheels.
i wanted to get an offset rally stripe down my whole car untill the chick at the tint/vinyl shop told me she wanted $500+ to do it lol. i about shit my pants when she said that. id rather take the chances of screwing it up doing it myself than pony over $500 for it lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
What kind of stripes are you looking for exactly?
I found a few websites that sell Stripe kits for the G6. goes over the hood, roof, trunk, etc.

I also have thought about making my own, I have a vinyl cutter and can probably whip something up with enough tweaking, measuring, and trials. But I just worry about it looking right and being even, etc. etc.

Maybe one day I should order a stripe kit and see how they have it done. haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the wide rally stripes with a pinstripe option. Up one side and down the other. Only have to cut for my sunroof. Found a great video on YouTube. I'll share it later.
I've learned how to DIY for the reasons you mentioned. Can't afford to pay somebody for moderate repairs or appearance applications. I've made mistakes over the years, but I've learned from them.
Talk to you later!

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
yea deffinatley, but im sure with some patience and a weekend day it could be done good. and i have the panoramic sunroof and i was thinking about actually running the stripe down the sunroof too and just cutting the tiny strips inbetween the panels off were the sections split up. i thought that would look pretty sweet

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They may add character to the car, but mistakes are hell on wrenches when spiked on a concrete garage floor! Not that I have ever gotten pissed enough to do such a thing ;/

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Haha. Vinyl work really isn't that bad though, especially on flat surfaces. Its when you have to start stretching it around curves and such that things can get annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts