Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 G6 that has 74k on it. I have only had it for like 7 months, I replaced the brakes and rotors on it but now its making a noise while im driving and drives very bumpy. It feels and sounds like something is loose under the front end, and if there is a bump it makes the rattle noise like crazy.

I called a dealership and they said it sound like the control arm bushings could be bad. Its very cold here where I live, almost below 0.

Does anyone have any idea if the control arms being defective can cause noise and bumpy rides? Any other suggestions or ideas would be great!

· Registered
331 Posts
I had the same problem with my car (05 gt with 87k) i replaced both contol arms at 78k miles. I had worn ball joints. to figure out if it a control arm issue you can check by.

put a jack under your front end and lift the tire about 3 inches off the ground.

Take your hands and put them at 12 oclock and 6 oclock on the tire and try and wiggle the tire. it if has lots of play in them and wiggles you should replace the control arms.

· Registered
331 Posts
the control arms took care of the problem for me.. i have read on here before though of people with complaints of a rattle. getting the control arms replaced and still hearing.

· Registered
331 Posts
im not sure... some people say it sounds like the rattle comes from behind the dash. some say its a clunk when they turn the wheel. the only other thing i could think of is that the suspension is pretty stiff so it doesnt handle bumps well. very sharp bump in the cabin as opposed to a soft suspension where it kind of floats. its very cold where im at too and when i drive on the packed snow it has a constant light rattle sound but its not control arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.