Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Polishing question

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  G6GTConvertable 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 G6 GTP - everything is stock.

G6 Wheels

G6 exhaust

My question is what finish are the wheels? (18" 5 spoke) - alloy wheels? Will polishing them bring out a shine?

The muffler tips - those are aluminum right? Polishing those will brighten them, correct?

I ask this because I just got the Meguiar's DynaCone and want to make use of it ASAP! :)

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
I concur with the Perfessor. Never Dull is inexpensive & works well on chrome. Just a touch of wax should maintain the shine until the road deposits make it necessary to clean/polish it again. I detail cars for a living. I can also entertain detailing questions at no charge. The majority of my products are Meguiar's but, am experimenting with new products all the time. Did you like the DynaCone?

#8 ·
CLEAN then CONDITION a black leather steering wheel...

Posted by: G6GTConvertable
On: 08-01-2014 09:38 AM

Oracle, what do you use to CLEAN then CONDITION a black leather steering wheel??
I know you have to be careful with color fading.
Thanks!
Personally, I don't favor using Armour-All on ANYTHING. The shiny residue left behind not only bakes in the sun but, also leaves the surface slick (not good to have a steering wheel you cannot hold onto).

I use a product by Lexol called Vinylex. It cleans AND conditions in one application. It doesn't leave a greasy, slick residue & the sun doesn't bake it into the surface it is used on. I have had amazing results on vinyl tops & tires alike. With proper usage, it lasts for weeks before another application may be needed. Great product & it doesn't co$t a fortune.

Good question.

#10 · (Edited)
Personally, I don't favor using Armour-All on ANYTHING. The shiny residue left behind not only bakes in the sun but, also leaves the surface slick (not good to have a steering wheel you cannot hold onto).

I use a product by Lexol called Vinylex. It cleans AND conditions in one application. It doesn't leave a greasy, slick residue & the sun doesn't bake it into the surface it is used on. I have had amazing results on vinyl tops & tires alike. With proper usage, it lasts for weeks before another application may be needed. Great product & it doesn't co$t a fortune.

Good question.
Well, I wouldn't use Armor All on it, Armor All is for rubber and vinyl not leather and it's water based so it shouldn't be used on leather.

If you like the LEXOL products, I'm curious as to why you're using the vinyl cleaner and conditioner on leather, when LEXOL has a leather cleaning and a leather conditioning product?? (looked it up online)

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.