Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Jim Waldron, the owner of a Pontiac dealership in Michigan has revealed that he and a group of investors submitted an offer to buy the scheduled-for-termination Pontiac brand from GM. Waldron made the announcement on ABC's local WJRT station and said that he expects to hear back from the company this week.

GM representatives, including Communications VP Tom Pyden, have said that the brand is not for sale and that as a part of the company's new Viability Plan submitted to the U.S. government, Pontiac must be phased-out.

Waldron said that it is possible the communications team does not know of the offer.

As the terms of the offer (and, therefore, the price) are private, it is not clear if the offer is reasonable one. Waldron did say that if the offer is accepted his team would look into purchasing vacant plants and hiring a workforce to start manufacturing Pontiacs.

More: Pontiac Dealer Wants to Buy Brand, GM Not Interested on AutoGuide.com

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Let's hope that if they do get the brand they move the factories somewhere that the union can't step on the company's scrotum with big labor brand stiletto heels.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
This thread scares me.
as a part of the company's new Viability Plan submitted to the U.S. government, Pontiac must be phased-out.
More government control, its starting to look like Hitler is in office.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Thankfully America has a chance to fix it's multi-trillion dollar screw up in a little over three years.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Auto industry the gov't and everything in between

I think it would be awesome for this guy to buy Pontiac. However GM is still trying to look into the future and hold on to the name 'Pontiac', for a possible comeback. In terms of more government control, I think its only fair that these governments have a say in how the tax payers bail-out money (American and Canadian tax payers) is spent and weather there is any use in wasting more money on a dying company. Personally I think the auto industry is going to get A LOT worse before it gets better, and I feel for those who depend on it. But honestly you should have seen it coming. In regards to the multi-trillion dollar mistake, I think that has more to do with a place called Iraq.

Just my two cents.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I think it would be awesome for this guy to buy Pontiac. However GM is still trying to look into the future and hold on to the name 'Pontiac', for a possible comeback. In terms of more government control, I think its only fair that these governments have a say in how the tax payers bail-out money (American and Canadian tax payers) is spent and weather there is any use in wasting more money on a dying company. Personally I think the auto industry is going to get A LOT worse before it gets better, and I feel for those who depend on it. But honestly you should have seen it coming. In regards to the multi-trillion dollar mistake, I think that has more to do with a place called Iraq.

Just my two cents.
Thanks for the 2 cents,
The whole thing about the bail out money rubs me the wrong way. The government is putting stipulations on money that isn't there's either. But then again we are talking about a group of people (congress) that distribute tax payer money around like it has no end. IMO, congress is its own entity now, it no longer works for the people but now functions as a group seperate from the people. So now congress says "You can have a helping hand but you must stop making the Pontiac, If not no money." I didn't have any say so to this huge spending of my hard earned money. They just voted among themselves with our money.
Any how, this gets my blood up!:mad:
My 2 cents back:D

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
There shouldn't be a bailout. GM and Chrysler should have been able to file for bankruptcy without the government getting in the way OR giving any bailout money. This bankruptcy would be the perfect chance to get the American car companies out from under the unions once and for all.

I don't want my tax dollars bailing out a company too stupid to not realize they are being gangbanged by union bullies. I love GM cars...but the workers are way overpaid.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
There shouldn't be a bailout. GM and Chrysler should have been able to file for bankruptcy without the government getting in the way OR giving any bailout money. This bankruptcy would be the perfect chance to get the American car companies out from under the unions once and for all.

I don't want my tax dollars bailing out a company too stupid to not realize they are being gangbanged by union bullies. I love GM cars...but the workers are way overpaid.
I agree.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If the government gave the money to the people instead of the banks, the people wouldn't need banks......:beer: (just a quick thought)

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh lord

Oh Lord Mr. Ford, I just wish that you could see.....
What your simple horseless carriage has become....
And all of it has been at the hands of people to greedy for words...the unions and the bigwigs at the companies.
The unions used to be a good thing for the workers and now, just like congress, they are out for no one but themselves. IF this man and his investors can get the Pontiac brand, I should hope that they move to an area that thas open shop policies. I love my new G6 and have had 2 other Pontiacs. And I would love to think I could get another after my 09.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts