Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my c car about a month and a half ago been having issues with the interior lights not working my car runs hot and I put water and antifreeze in the resivor everyday . Help I don't know what to do. It's already left me stranded more than once sometime I'll try to crank it and it won't turn over at all .then I have to sit there about 45 minutes or so then it will crank . Thank you for letting me join your club.

·
08 convertible
243 Posts
If you need to add coolant every day you must figure out where it's going. Look and see if you can find an external leak. Radiator, hoses, water pump and so on. If it's leaking that much you should be able to see a puddle when you run the car and trace it. If it's not leaking externally it's likely a head gasket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you're really desperate you can try this,K-Seal ST5501 Multi Purpose One Step Permanent Coolant Leak Repair. If it's only 8 oz so you can pour it into your usual spot.

On the not starting issue you need to be more specific, like will it turn over and not start or you get nothing when you turn the key etc. I've had my 07 G6 GT since new and 103,000 miles of care free ownership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Let's focus on the real issue here, dome lights. There is a switch with 3 settings and if the switch hasn't been moved in some time it may not be making contact. Cycle the switch back and forth through all the settings like a sailor fresh off the SS Tourette's and that may help the connection for the lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts