Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMPORTANT QUESTION is the normal g6 same parts as Pontiac g6 GXP or are they different, reasoning is because i busted my radiator and went and bought a new one at andvanced auto, well i was trying to find a video to get a better understanding how to do it but i can only find a Pontiac g6 replacement will that be the same as a Pontiac g6 GXP????

·
Registered
11 Posts
so long as they are the same size engine.they go in from the bottom.(more room) personally never tried from the top.Check the rads mounting tabs,hose locations and overall size.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Worldpac shows same rad 3.6, and 2.4.
Can't think of any reason car would be different any model.
I pull my radiator from the top...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Worldpac shows same rad 3.6, and 2.4.
Can't think of any reason car would be different any model.
I pull my radiator from the top...

thanks for clearing this up.i got so many (mixed reviews) from parts counter personal to dealers, while looking for info on parts for my car.GM hasn't changed much over the years, yet to purchase parts everything seems year and option one year only

·
Registered
43 Posts
GDP is supercharged right.....would think that some parts are slightly different
I always check VIN # vompatabilities!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry about the grammar greasy hands on the tablet keyboard ...and to you DAVEZ26
And yes they GM did do a supercharged G6 @ 285hp /272lbs.ft.tq in a v6 3.5l mated to a 4T65E, ONE BAD ass mutherfucker to be frank....😉

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry about the grammar greasy hands on the tablet keyboard ...and to you DAVEZ26
And yes they GM did do a supercharged G6 @ 285hp /272lbs.ft.tq in a v6 3.5l mated to a 4T65E, ONE BAD ass mutherfucker to be frank....
Yep, one car as a concept.
No production units
Not likely going to be a problem for the OP.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had the radiator out twice over the last month, here is a quick procedure.
Remove shield lower center
Remove shield lh lower front
Drain coolant – slowly
Remove 6 clips across front fascia at top
Remove headlamps – remove 4 screws at top tabs
Pull headlamps forward and slightly up – they wil get jammed at the rear, they might need to be pried forward.
Remove clips (1) at either side of center panel and underneath holding a vertical air dam
Remove clip holding airduct to ecm – clip is under center panel
Remove hood latch, be sure to disconnect harness and cable. You kinda have to do this along with next step. (Note cable routing for later)
Remove center panel by pulling forward then pull the back upward (tabs at back)
Remove clips holding transcooler lines in – remove plastic circles, then use a pick to remove spring clips, then pull lines. (You could do this a little later prefer not critical.) You will lose atf, but not a lot.
Remove two bolts through grill that hold condenser to radiator. Once removed, condenser pushes down.
Detattach cooling fans from radiator – this is a pull up with 4 points of contact – no bolts, just snaps on.
Remove radiator hoses.
Pull up slightly on radiator to release from mounts.
Lean condenser and radiator forward and bring radiator up between fascia and core support.

Notes: when installing, before anything, set radiator down into chassis but not into mounts. Snap trans cooler lines into radiator, be sure that they are secure. More room for hands this way. Then, set into mounts

Ever thought about doing a thermostat? This is a great time.
That T below the coolant tank?, u already have the coolant out, so maybe this is a time to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts