Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all. I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L. The lower dashboard lights, shifter column light and tailgate lights do not come on. Brake lights do work. I replaced the fuse was supposed to be located in back fuse box/trunk first fuse in middle row on the left number 6 but lights still do not come on. Could it be the relay switch or something else? Thanks hope for an answer and easy fix,

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not sure about the G6 but lack of dashboard lights was supposed to be a clue that your tail lights were not working. Concentrate on the tail lights if you can get them to come back on, I'm betting the dash lights will come back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well why posted in here I dont know what the problem is and after having replaced the fuse was hoping someone would know. Not sure whether to also replace the relay switch or is something else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well why posted in here I dont know what the problem is and after having replaced the fuse was hoping someone would know. Not sure whether to also replace the relay switch or is something else.And is only the lower dash board lights and console shifter lights inside the car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you think it could be the relay since I replaced the fuse and still does not work? The relay affects the lower dash board lights, console lights and tailgate lights?

·
Registered
441 Posts
It could be a faulty relay. I do no know if the dash lights would be affected. One option would be to see if the relay for the backup lights (33) is the same type and just swap them to see if the problem moves from parking lights to backup lights. Good luck with the fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you bought a new relay switch will try the tailgate light switch first if that does not fix it will try the one you suggested thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi y'all. I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L. The lower dashboard lights, shifter column light and tailgate lights do not come on. Brake lights do work. I replaced the fuse was supposed to be located in back fuse box/trunk first fuse in middle row on the left number 6 but lights still do not come on. Could it be the relay switch or something else? Thanks hope for an answer and easy fix,
Check for a recall on your car, there was a recall for a bcm connection issue on late model g6’s

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took to a GM dealer checked the BCM connection and is fine. What else should I check for to find out why the lights mentioned do not come on. Tailgate lights but break lights work, lower dashboard lights and center shift console lights do not come on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts