Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When putting the driver's side rear window up it doesn't go up into the track. It goes up on the outside of the track. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Replace the driver quarter window regulator. If it is original, it's one of those parts that goes after 10+ years. Mine went down and never came back up. I just finally replaced it, had cardboard and tape until then. One of these regulators isn't very easy to find for a good price. They are a semi-rare part. You can find them up upwards of $180 at Rockauto or eBay but I had to wait weeks to find a good one used for under $100.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just had this done on my vehicle and the shop that did it charged me about 350 bucks for part cost and labor. Fixed it just fine, but they had to get the part from a salvage yard. They're starting to get very hard to find. I would suggest doing this sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Might be a good idea to try and find out which salvage yard they got the part from in case they still have the rest of the car, should you need something else in the future. Convertible carcasses are rare in wrecking yards and several (eBay) vendors have discovered the value of the proprietary parts. - Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts