Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I’m new here, I just bought this car and have noticed a coolant issue. After I start the car the coolant fills up to the top on reservoir. And leaks out of the overflow tube. After about 5 minutes, it cools down and the reservoir is down to about 1 inch from bottom. I put 2 gallons in and it’s still doing it. The oil isn’t milky, and the temperature gauge doesn’t show it overheating?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello everybody I’m new here, I just bought this car and have noticed a coolant issue. After I start the car the coolant fills up to the top on reservoir. And leaks out of the overflow tube. After about 5 minutes, it cools down and the reservoir is down to about 1 inch from bottom. I put 2 gallons in and it’s still doing it. The oil isn’t milky, and the temperature gauge doesn’t show it overheating?
Compression from the engine is pushing your coolant out. Very common gasket problem but can be expensive and also necessary to fix the symptoms.
I feel for you but you should have done more research up front. Good luck.!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got the problem solved, turns out there was air in the system lmao. Car is running like a champ now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts