Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
It doesn't look any better than it did at SEMA. I hope the front fascia and spoiler never make it out of the concept stage. The rear fascia and exhaust are pretty nice, and the splash of color to the interior would be great. I don't know about the white face gauges either, the warning lights should be a little more hidden.

After closer inspection the interior isn't quite right, its a manual, but no clutch and it has power pedals! WTF? :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Apparently we're not the only ones who hate it. I've been to two other places, and everyone is talking about it and how nasty it looks.

This has to be one of the most controversial design since Chris Bangle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ToniCipriani said:
Apparently we're not the only ones who hate it. I've been to two other places, and everyone is talking about it and how nasty it looks.

This has to be one of the most controversial design since Chris Bangle.
Chris Bangle at least had some class. He didn't design around "gawdy". This is just downright crappy. Looks like a combination of autozone parts and ebay crap. Absolutely ridiculous. How do we let Pontiac know that this sucks?

I would like to see Pontiac be a performance oriented brand, but not marketed towards the pocket rocket rice crowd. Upscale performance. Leave the crappy spoilers, hood scoops and stuff to the chevy kids. If this car was produced I wouldn't buy the regular G6 coupe ,because this thing would give it a bad name. I'm starting to remember again why I never liked GM....

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just wrote a letter to Pontiac Advertising using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the pontiac website. Hopefully enough people complain about this pile of crap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interfire said:
Who cares, it'll just make our G6's look better.
But from another perspective, it torments the name. People might hook the name G6 to "nasty s**t".

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
The pics, in case anyone wants to see them without following the link.

·
Registered
423 Posts
anth_97 said:
This must be one of those new 6 speed transmissions... you know the ones with no clutch pedal and the power pedals.
not sure which pic YOU are looking at, but the one I see has THREE PEDALS. Accelerator, Brake and Clutch!!!! the Brake and Clutch are the same size (like a normal car) and the Accelerator, while somewhat hidden by the steering wheel, is larger and IS THERE!!!

nothing looks out of place to ME!!! :rolleyes:

as for GM, i commend them on the possiblity of adding the 'adjustable pedal' option to the Manual Trans cars......

·
Registered
423 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
^ They photoshopped in a clutch a few days ago, however the power pedal switch is still there.
ok....i know they 'currently' do not offer this on the 6sp, but can they not make the 'power pedals' an option for a Manual Transmission? i really see know reason why it couldn't work. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
front fascia, atrocity.
spoiler, atrocity.
hood, nice.
interior touches, not bad.
overall, atrocity.

back to the drawing board GM. PLEASE.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I liked the original GXP concept from 2004(?) a lot better. I think there were only minor changes, so it still looked like a g6, but better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts