Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. im am here once again to ask for your help :). i was wondering if any of you know where i could find a wiring manual for my 2008 pontiac g6 v6 sedan. any format accepted. but i would like to find a free one because im only 17 and going to school :p and dont got a job so i cant afford a 100$ manual. but i need one asap. so please help me out. thanks alot

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or maybe does a repair manual do the job? if so where can i find one? lol. i baught a g force chip cose i ahve a friend who got one and it acctually upograde fuel efficiency and horse power. first time i see a chip doing that lol. but i cant do it without the wiring manual of my car. i need to me 100% sure i dont **** up anything lol

· Administrator
4,330 Posts
Your basic repair guide like chiltons shows wiring diagrams....

please do some research on that chip befor you install it, It's been talked about many times that chips dont work with our vehicles... you have to tune your computer.
out of curiosity how is it telling you to hook it up?

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
waterfowler76: i have to hook it up at the IAT sensor.

calsGTP: my email adress is [email protected]. how many diagrams are there? if not too many can you please scan all the pages of the wiring and send them to me please? thats would be wonderful :). its just because im not sure of what part of the wiring program. idk how its called.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Its like the HSRK.... Im pretty sure the updated sensor will put the computer into burst mode.
It cant handle the upgraded signal. It wont be able to interpret it and assume something is wrong and will put the car in failsafe mode. It will cripple you.

I tried the upgraded IAT sensor and burst mode followed.
Good luck!!

· Storm Trooper
323 Posts

Chips?

I LOVE CHIPS!!!!!!

I hope you were talking abput potato chips, because if you were not then the 17 year old kid who does not have much money just threw his money in a SCAM.

It would be beneficial for someone who does not have much money to RESEARCH THE HELL out of any purchases before making them.

Sorry but you get the double Gibbs smack

· Registered
346 Posts
I definitely would NOT do that chip 'down'-grade. These cars won't take kindly to that. If you want better fuel efficiencies, you'll need to flash your rom, or do some hardware upgrades, which mostly means getting a job and paying some good money.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well what can happen? i can give it a try and if it doesnt work out i can always remove it. and what is failsafe mode? and what do you mean by it will cripple me lol :p sorry i aint really good with expressions ^_^

· Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I have the Haynes repair manual and the wiring diagrams are broke down for each system of the car (starting charging, exterior lighting, interior lighting, warning system, heating and air, and a lot more) so I would need to know what you are trying to do. Which by the looks of the other posts you are trying to wire in some kind of performance "chip". I would recommend not doing this if you are as unexperienced as you have let on. What chip did you get? There are a lot of scams out there, and you probably should just return it before causing problems that can be more expensive to repair.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i baught a gforce performance chip. my oncle baught one for his ford edge 2009 and he is an experienced guy into cars and stuff. he said the fuel efficiency accually is better and the power u get is a little bit better when u put full throtle. u can still feel the difference doh. these chips are made for every specific car so it takes time for them to make a chip for yuor car. thats what i udnerstand to allow about 2 weeks for production. i would like to test it out and see if it works and if it doesnt ill return it back.

what im wondering is what are the problems it could cause. i mean just a try out for about 50 miles cant cause any big difference. if it does anything wierd then ill just remove it. can it really do such important damage?

btw it says: Please allow at least 100 miles of driving for your car's factory ECU to fully "learn" the new settings of your GForce Chip.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright. i thought about this all day long and i took a decision. thanks to you guys. im going to try and return this chip for g force performance chips and try to get my money back. wasted a couple of dollars for shipping but idc lol. i care too much about my car to try this chip out.thanks alot guys. u probably jsut helped me save a couple of thousands of dollars lol

im still getting that repair manual todh :p cose tha a manual every car owner should possess

· Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Wise decision on sending it back. They definatly would not have taken it back after you tried it out. The chip would alter your air/fuel mixture, or at least make your car think it is adjusted. This could cause it to dump more fuel than the car can burn, which would result in raw fuel being dumped into your cylinders that will cause damage. This is why it is important to take care of any issues that turn your cel on, all those sensors are important for your car to understand what is going on. This is also why if you installed the chip your car would have to learn what is going on and it would try to adjust for the chip. Also wise decision on getting a repair manual to help you maintain your car!

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks cals :)

· 2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
send the "G-SCAM" chip back and lrn 2 spl

srsly reedin u rely sucx.

and your "Uncle" i think you ment to say... well he is just going to hurt his car.

SEND IT BACK
LOL that just made my morning. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.