Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
I live in Maryland, and I'm not surprised. The laws here are ridiculous. They are less about safety and more about making money for the courts and for the police force.

I know so many people who have been fined for having their "tag lights" out. They were not speeding, or driving irregularly, or even driving a flashy fancy car. My question is this, if there are no lights on the front tag at all, why then do the rear license tags have to be lit up at night?

For that matter, why do we need front license plates anyway? Many states don't require them. They look stupid, and are detrimental to smooth airflow over the body, (in most cases), thus costing the drivers more money for fuel, and by extension, harming the environment.

These kinds of laws are just an excuse for the police to tax law abiding citizens. As much argument as it has sparked in the past, I think that we should nationalize driving laws. All the states should have to agree on a set of rules for cars, and then all the states should have to enforce those rules equally. I believe that we should model these rules on the lowest common denominator. That being the State which currently has the least restrictive rules regarding customization.

There is no reason at all that a car that is perfectly legal in Pennsylvania or Ohio, should be considered "illegal" in Maryland.

(I'm not talking about rusted-out falling apart junk, I'm talking about cars that would pass State inspections... which should also be nationalized to get rid of cheating and force people to maintain their cars for their own safety and the safety of other drivers.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.