Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do these chips actually work because I am really confused about the whole concept about them and do they actually give you higher HP and better MPG's?

I was looking at these performance chips...

http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/Pontiac/G6/

And I just want to get some feedback on what you guys got to say about them and are they worth buying and installing or not???

Or are there better quality performance chips out there from different companies than the ones in the link above???

· Premium Member
643 Posts
I call bullshit on anything that claims to boost your HP up to 50 HP and increase MPG by 3-6 MPG. Especially for like $80 or whatever. If it was so good why wouldn't all of us have it by then???

Save your money and get a CAI or a real tune from Chris (gtoshiftlight.com). These are the only constantly proven things that increase HP/MPG.

· Registered
46 Posts
They are pretty much a glorified potentiometer (adjustable resistor) hooked up to your IAT sensor. When you hook up a resistor up to your IAT, it will add ignition timing. The only problem with having it in line, is that the computer eventually learns it out.

With a potentiometer, you can control the resistance of the line. So if you want power, you can crank up the resistance, and your computer won't learn.

It's not a terribly hard thing to do, and you could do it for a lot less than $80. All the components are at Radio Shack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.