Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
/\agreed.... I love the current interior, but something about the extrior of the current G6 appeals too much to the ladies... I love the 99+ GA exterior (interior matched it well, but could have had more than a lot of gray plastic), but I'll admit the style was getting a bit aged in contrast to the competition.

Let's hope GM pulls through with the rwd come 09!

·
Registered
31 Posts
ChevelleSSLS6 said:
/\agreed.... I love the current interior, but something about the extrior of the current G6 appeals too much to the ladies... I love the 99+ GA exterior (interior matched it well, but could have had more than a lot of gray plastic), but I'll admit the style was getting a bit aged in contrast to the competition.

Let's hope GM pulls through with the rwd come 09!
I agree, most of my friends are girls, and they all love the interior. My girlfriend likes it too.

I'd love to see Pontiac go RWD with the G6, I would buy one if they came with a MT.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
nbx326 said:
Okay this may sound stupid but is there really much of a difference from front to rear wheel drive?
Huge difference. It means more power,better drivetrains and improved handling. :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well sure, but why change an entire platform (Epsilon) over to rear wheel drive? The Orion plant would have to shut down and revamp quite a bit in order to make this happen. I'm not saying it's not possible, but there are more cars that come off that line than just G6's, including Saabs, Auras (limited) and a various host of other Epsilon cars. Do you mean to tell me they would all be converted? They would have to be to make the line at all efficient.

I don't believe anything until I see it coming in production.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
ProudG6Owner said:
Well sure, but why change an entire platform (Epsilon) over to rear wheel drive? The Orion plant would have to shut down and revamp quite a bit in order to make this happen. I'm not saying it's not possible, but there are more cars that come off that line than just G6's, including Saabs, Auras (limited) and a various host of other Epsilon cars. Do you mean to tell me they would all be converted? They would have to be to make the line at all efficient.

I don't believe anything until I see it coming in production.
Think of where the G8 is coming from, then you will see how a RWD G6 is possible. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, Pontiac could base the next G6 on the same platform as the 2010 Camaro. Yet, why would they use the G6 name and not the Tran Am name? Also, what would they you do with the sedan model???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts