Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help. I have a 2008 G6 and have been experiencing water pooling in the rear passenger floorboard. I believe it is condensation from the A/C that is not exiting through the drainage tube. I do not have a sunroof, and this occurs on clear days with no rain. I bought this car in October and hadn't noticed any issue as I didn't use the A/C much through the winter. Now, with the hotter, humid weather, it has become a real issue. I use this car in a ride-sharing business and I do not want passenger having to place their feet in water.

I have attempted to clean out the evaporator drainage tube from where it comes through the firewall. I haven't pulled out any particular dirt or blockage. I am wondering how the tube is connected to the evaporator, if it is possible for the tube to become unconnected, and how the water can run down through the ductwork, and, in particular, just the the passenger side. It seems like the water should flow down both.

I appreciate anyone who has experienced the same and how they rectified the problem. It appears taking apart the console to get to the evaporator is a major job. Help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does this too. After doing some intensive research, someone had pointed out that there is a drain port along the firewall, behind the heat shield. You can pull this plug out if needed and it should drain through there if the other drain is plugged up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts