Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have the UC6 monsoon 6CD stereo in my 07 G6 GTP. This thing has the worst radio reception. My 95 P/U has better reception than this stereo in the same locations. F.M. seems to work well and I guess I'm lucky the CD Changer still works too. I want to keep the original radio and would like any info on how to get this repaired. Thanks

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
You have whats called a Power radio antenna module.
Its a $14 part that will cause poor reception and crackling speakers when on AM if it gets a short.
The part number is # 10375770.

Are you under warranty?

Also remember that your antenna is inside the glass on your back window.
Lots of people forget this (yes I did!) when they have tint installed and if they
get metal tint (yup...I sure did) then your reception takes a big hit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello all,

I have the UC6 monsoon 6CD stereo in my 07 G6 GTP. This thing has the worst radio reception. My 95 P/U has better reception than this stereo in the same locations. F.M. seems to work well and I guess I'm lucky the CD Changer still works too. I want to keep the original radio and would like any info on how to get this repaired. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Mine is an Arizona car originally with dark tint in the rear. Is there an installation procedure or anything that can tell me what I have to do to find this module or even install it. Is this something covered under an extended factory warranty? I have approx 62k on my GTP. Sounds like it should be easy but GM has surprised me in the past. Thanks again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts