Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 G6 GTP with the Monsoon system with XM & 6 disc CD and it works fine but my AM reception is bad I didn't realize how bad it was till I rode in my brother-in-laws 04 CTS.

Is there anything I can do to get better reception? it looks like the antenna is in the back window.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
ya me either lol only to hear what baseball team is winning then i turn it right back to FM lol i cant stand just all the senceless talking they do on am

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bad Am reception

Before you replace the antenna amp, try running a ground wire from the rear right passenger pillar (where you can easily drill a hole and scrape the paint off the frame as opposed to trying under the headliner) to the antenna amp fastening screw. Looking around where the antenna amp mounts there was no bare metal for a good ground. I tried scraping around the mounting area, but still couldn't get a good ground. The jumper wire was easier and faster. Now my reception is excellent and doesn't drop out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before you replace the antenna amp, try running a ground wire from the rear right passenger pillar (where you can easily drill a hole and scrape the paint off the frame as opposed to trying under the headliner) to the antenna amp fastening screw. Looking around where the antenna amp mounts there was no bare metal for a good ground. I tried scraping around the mounting area, but still couldn't get a good ground. The jumper wire was easier and faster. Now my reception is excellent and doesn't drop out.
Where is the antenna amp?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Do u have tint? Metal tint killed my reception.

I intially lost reception.
Dealership found out I needed a new Power Radio Antenna Module
Pontiac part # 10375770.

Passanger side under the headliner in back.

Its about a $14 part.

If your under warranty take it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is the antenna amp?
it's under the headliner just above the rear right passenger seat next to the far right plastic fastener. Pop those three fasteners in the back of the headliner and also the rear right pillar panel then look to the right for the black antenna cable with the pink wire it runs up the right rear pillar to the antenna amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts