Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Awhile back I complained on this site about my EE. I think I am the only one who is not satisfied with the light output provided by the halos and he fact that one of them was leaking.

Yesterday I worked with my brother in law to fix the leak. When I took of the headlights, I had water in my connections and saw corrosion. I checked my old headlights and the pins were perfectly clean.

Does anyone know why I am seeing water get to the new connections, but not to the old? And could this affect my light output in the halos? I wouldn't think so since the integrity of the projectors have not been compromised.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You arn't supposed to be able to drive the car with just the halos on. They are for show and these are plenty bright. I looked at your previous comments and pictures so this is as good as it gets.

As for the water leaking, search around the site for some solutions. They involve:

-Reseating the assembly sealant
-RTV sealant
-Silicone packets
-Replacement

Unless the fog is taking up the entire headlight or leaving a puddle in the assembly, then it is normal for some condensation to penetrate the housing. It's incredibly apparent when it rains after you've driven the car.

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So long story, short I need to stop acting like a whiny b%4$-. Thanks for the help. I appreciate you taking the time and researching it.

I do like the look though.

Sent from my XT603 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
So long story, short I need to stop acting like a whiny b%4$-. Thanks for the help. I appreciate you taking the time and researching it.

I do like the look though.

Sent from my XT603 using AutoGuide.Com Free
It's ok to feel concerned about an item you spent a few hundred bucks on, but yeah, thats as good as it gets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts