Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<2009 G6 2.4 base, 192,878 miles>
When I say dumping, I mean it was like a main artery was cut open. No oil left when I checked the dipstick.

Quick history of my G6's issues:
*Bought from private party and ran Carfax to find history. Clean, well taken care of, only biggie was it was a fleet vehicle.
*Bought it with 191,000. The caliper passenger side was stuck out(has been fixed with new pads both sides, too) and you have to muscle the steering wheel (Yes, it should be covered by the recall, however it doesn't come up upon running the VIN)
*Just recently started to rough idle (outside sounds like the air filter is missing) and if you turn on the a/c/heat its even rougher.

NOW, it made a very loud pop sound followed by a white puff of smoke and the oil made a perfect line all the way to my home (1 mile approximately). You can see the oil puddled under the car. Bought a bottle of Bars stop leak and 5 liters of oil. Turned on car and engine sounded like it was about to sieze up. Too afraid to try to turn it on, again. Also, dumped everything I put in it back out. My little cheaply code reader threw out P0010 and P0014 only. My check engine light is on and was red but, turned to green...seriously (idkwtf). Please help!

·
2007 gt retractable
355 Posts
id guess oil pressure sender flew apart or oil filter loose.the senders are known to leak.

·
Registered
248 Posts
And you can probably start looking for another motor. A mile(approx) with oil dumped out and making those kind of sounds suggests VERY BAD things inside the motor.
SORRY to hear of your problem...good luck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I don't know the 2.4, but a possible scenario:
Oil sender was leaking, blew apart.
Engine oil pumped out.
No oil to timing solenoids to adjust timing -> activates CEL.
BARS leak= no. Don't do that. A particle large enough to stop an external oil leak like that will surely pollute timing solenoids.

Decision time.
You may be done, or not.
Fill it up, and see what you can see, oil flow, trails, whatever.
If you can't find it, you may have to risk it, fill it, and get under while a helper fires the motor. If it is leaking like you say, shouldn't take long.
Go from there.
Hopefully this is a bad sender, noise and codes are from lack of pressure as oil bypasses the sender and out the car.
Best of Luck!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
08 convertible
328 Posts
If you're dumping that much oil, there will be an easily visible hole somewhere on the motor. Start from that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts