Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so in oct. a friend of mine who is a mechanic, noticed that when turning the steering wheel there is a very faint clunking noise. around the same time i got a letter in the mail about an extended warranty on the steering column. I took it into the shop and they found the intermediate steering shaft was causing the faint clunking noise. all is well got that taken care of.

About 3 weeks ago a popping noise started, mainly when in slow speeds, like in parking lots. After the first few turns the noise would go away. Thinking at first it was was probably the shaft again, i took it back to the dealer and they found that the Right sway bar and the strut mounts were back. All have been replaced. As of this weekend.

It is now thrusday and there again a popping sound when turning the steering wheel. Where as before the noise would stop after a few turns...the noise continues throughout the drive. It seems to be the same popping noise described above. I'm just at a lost. I'm frustrated with all the time that has been put into this car.

Any suggestion on what it is?

if it helps...ive noticed all these problems started minus the steering shaft. after i got my car an alignment because of the tires wearing on the inside.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem GM said they are replacing some hose, and then the pump. Ill tell you if this fixes the issue or not. i hav the extended warrenty on the car, so if it doesnt fix it, I will at least have an ends result at some piont. good luck keep us informed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts