Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, I've been thinking about painting my headlights, but I'm unsure... do you guys think it would be to much or what? Also thought about grills around the foglights color matched to the car of course!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went with black paint for the headlights instead of the red... I figured that the black would complement the rims, tint and grills. I think it turned out pretty good

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm usally not one for painting lights and all the other headlight/taillight mods, but that looks really freaking good. Nice work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres a little better pic since the weather turned nice before it snows again haha... Personally, I think the body color would have been a bit much red. With the tint, grills , rims, etc.. being black, I think it just blended in together greatly! Theres is a little condensation in the lense, I didnt have any sealant like I thought I did so it looks a little cloudy, but when dry.. crystal clear... I will get to sealing that soon...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It'll happen soon enough, waiting for the price of the springs to drop a tad I want to go with HR but don't want to pay $350 LOL.... If the cars a 2006 I'm not going to half-ass things or get products I dont want/like just to get it done sooner, thats when things turn into a mess!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
SimplyRed said:
It'll happen soon enough, waiting for the price of the springs to drop a tad I want to go with HR but don't want to pay $350 LOL.... If the cars a 2006 I'm not going to half-ass things or get products I dont want/like just to get it done sooner, thats when things turn into a mess!!
you are right about that. Do shyt right the first time. But it looks great and will look friggin awesome once you are done. BTW we have the exact same car. I am going to tuck some 20's on mine and drop it. 18's just look too stock for me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to go 20's for the pure and simple fact that they'll fit, so I feel you on that one... buuut on the downside, if you've never riddin on 20's (on a car) do it, the ride is horrendous unless you spend some ungodly amount on tires to have a nice ride... Next up the weight of them will drop gas miliage and acceloration (if you care about that) and also breaking will become alot harder and harsher on your breaks... Now to mention the pressure of the shafts, and steering components.. But if none of that matters, definatly goes 20's, I would have.. but the cons out weighed the pros IMO and my situation!

·
Registered
36 Posts
20's on the truck 20's or better on almost all of the friends rides. my 20's look small now. lol I know the cons esp the gas and brakes. 13 mpg. I am going for an open style rim so the weight won't be nearly as bad. The ride isn't really an issue to me. Im used to a truck. Plus I am going to tuck the 20's with mild drop. that will make the ride rougher newayz. If the 18's filled the wells a lil more I might have to change my mind. Be sure to post pics when you get the drop man. Nice car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went with a 40 series instead of like a 45... so it would fill up the wheel weels better if I had a lil bigger profile tire on there

·
Registered
103 Posts
simplyred do you still have pics of the headlights i have a red g6 wanting to paint them but want to check another red one out thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts