Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get sometimes squeaking noises when i stomp the brakes also i get that noise too when i'm on the downhill while stepping on the brakes. I don't believe that the braking pads is out that fast I only had the car for about a month. Should I go back to the dealership ask them to check it out?

·
Registered
304 Posts
When does it make the noise? In the mornings, maybe after car has been sitting?
That is normal. The rotors tend to rust a bit after sitting, especially in moist conditions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hambone said:
When does it make the noise? In the mornings, maybe after car has been sitting?
That is normal. The rotors tend to rust a bit after sitting, especially in moist conditions.
well it was actually late during midnight 1:00 a.m. when i was driving back home cuz i live in a condo so when i go into the parking garage it has a steep hill when i brake i hear squeaking noises but at that moment i wasn't sure it was my car then when i went into the garage and stomp on the brakes (going about 5 km) i heard the squeaking noise again so this is what happened!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would wait until your first service, but, if you feel uneasy, have them check sooner. Brake squeal is a vibration caused by several things, dirt, dust, rust ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts