Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when i start my gtp -after a few seconds i hear a sound--it sounds like the AC compressor turning on--the auto climate control is off -if this is it -it should only start when you turn the switch --to see i am going to pull the ac fuse to see if i still get the sound--let me know if anyone has noticed this
 

·
Designed For Action
Joined
·
509 Posts
hook2233 said:
I noticed when i start my gtp -after a few seconds i hear a sound--it sounds like the AC compressor turning on--the auto climate control is off -if this is it -it should only start when you turn the switch --to see i am going to pull the ac fuse to see if i still get the sound--let me know if anyone has noticed this
Are you sure it's not the 'Active Air Intake' kicking in. The AC compressor does not start on its own. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kman said:
Are you sure it's not the 'Active Air Intake' kicking in. The AC compressor does not start on its own. :confused:
have no idea-what is that? probably is -ac does not act on own as you say--you may have solved the noise--
 

·
Designed For Action
Joined
·
509 Posts
hook2233 said:
have no idea-what is that? probably is -ac does not act on own as you say--you may have solved the noise--
Actually, the 'Active Air' would come into play while driving. The more likely sources, are the fuel pump and the cam phaser(it controls the Variable Valve Timing). These are the things that you hear at startup. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kman said:
Actually, the 'Active Air' would come into play while driving. The more likely sources, are the fuel pump and the cam phaser(it controls the Variable Valve Timing). These are the things that you hear at startup. :cool:
thx guys
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top