Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
GM is well aware of this problem, and is doing nothing about it. Everyone must contact National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to report all issues with power steering on G6's. Partial 2005 recall for same problem. GM does not issue recalls, NHTSA does once enogh problems are reported. My power steering assist motor would fail intermittantly and unexpectedly with only 16,000 miles. GM's answer was $825 replacement motor. After a week of phone calls, dealer installed replacement assist motor with new one for $225 labor only charge. PLEASE contact NHTSA to report all steering problems with G6 series.

· Registered
21 Posts
If you havn't already, consult your dealer IMMEDIATLY, as this is not something you should let linger. GM needs to be aware that this is an issue. Scary stuff indeed.
Please see my reply on your forum. GM Is aware of this problem, and doing nothing. This needs to be reported to NHTSA, since they issue recalls, NOT GM, based on numbers of reported incedants.

· Registered
21 Posts
Abyssul, thanks for update. 2006 certainly doesn't have any warranty. I'm glad yours was fixed under an extended warranty issued by GM. Mine wasn't. Mine was only fixed with no a charge part, $225 labor fee, after one week of constant phone calls to GM customer service by me. No mention of any extended warranty on steering components at all from GM. Only extended warranty on file for my G6 was extended catalytic converter coverage. And warranty on replacement electric power assist motor is 12 months/12,000 miles. And not sure what you mean by "addresssed in a sticky." Thanks again. And please report all steering problems with G6 to NHTSA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.