Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
05 and 06 G6s have electric power steering. 2007+ has the traditional pump power steering. I thankfully never had the steering lockup that some of the 05s and 06s had. (knock on wood...)
My '07 G6 standard sedan with 2.4L is electric and it starting crapping out a few weeks ago. $600 from the dealer to replace the torque sensor section down the column next to the motor. The was a factory recall with free replacement good for ten years after the affected models were released. Mine's too old. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay not a big G6 guru. But I did search I just want to clarify what I think I read.

Power steering: our cars are electric asist and not pump.

my power steering light came on. the radio area and the service light came on in the guage area. So I went and purchased power steering fluid. I guess I should take it back becuawe I looked for a resovoir and didn't find one.

So is this a huge problem where I need to take it to GM right away becuase that is going to cost a arm and maybe leg. Please help me out here. This is my daily.
There is a few recalls for pontiac g6 that have to do with steering see if yours is covered

21 - 23 of 23 Posts