Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BACKGROUND: My daughter's car (my wife's old car) is a 2009 Pontiac G6 with a V6. It recently had its main rear seal (??) repaired which necessitated removal of the transmission. The oil pan and gasket were also replaced as was the transmission pan gasket. Post-repair, after about 60 miles my daughter reported some steering issues and then the car started smoking. When I got to her I checked the fluids and the power steering fluid reservoir looked to be empty as nothing registered on the dipstick.
QUESTION: Could the previous repairs have "caused" the power steering problem? In other words, would something power steering related have to be removed / unfastened before dropping the tranny?

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes depending on mechanic.(myself) when ever possible i will remove the trans from the top.Even a front drive car.However it is possible when removing the trans a line or oil cooler was removed or moved aside to remove the trans. The smoke and loss of fluid may be something as simple as a line or clamp came loose.Or a rupture in a cooler line.Grab a flashlight and investigate.Maybe this is something simple you can repair yourself or a trip to the auto shop is in store? Take it to the same shop.If it is somthing new or related to the previous repair. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts