Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have issue as everybody else sounds like. Driving down road and the steering get's stiff when turning right then like you are on ice when you turn left. then the chime goes off and the DIC says power steering failure or something like that. I have taken it to dealer twice now. First time said nothing was wrong. I then called GM and they said i would have to bring it to dealer when it was actually doing the steering thing. I told them i didn't know when it would do it. So I waited until about a week ago for it to do it again. Took it to dealer and left it, they called said they took steering column out and replaced wires..fixed............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it happened again three days later now i have contacted BBB and GM tried to contact me today but no luck. They left message and now waiting to see what happens.

Now i really don't want the car i want my money back because i think the car is a piece of junk. :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Contact National Highway and Trafiic Safety Institute to report this problem. It is not a recall now, and won't be until NHTSA gets enough complaints. GM does not issue recalls, NHTSA does. Please contact them to file a report. My 06 G6 power assist failed intermittantly and unexpectedly at only 16,000 miles. GM wuld not do anything for me. Dealer finally put in new power assist electric motor for labor only, $225. Got a measly 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on replacement. This is a safety issue. Some 2005 Cobalts and 2005 Pontiac did get recalled for same problem, not 2006 YET. Pleases contact NHTSA>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts